Early detection is the key to effective prevention
Have you ever heard of Matrix Metalloproteinase 8 (MMP-8)?! It is a genetically-encoded proteinase, stored inactively in Neutrophils – the immune system’s first line of defense. When activated, MMP-8 destroys the collagen and the extracellular matrix, both bacterial and from its own tissues. In the mouth, it causes tooth and dental implant loss. Due to its proteolytic ability, it is also implicated in atherosclerotic plaque destabilization and coronary arteries rupture.
In plain English, MMP-8 can be a contributing factor in the lead up to a heart attack.
As an integral part of the Individual Pro-Active Prophylaxis, we monitor and quantify the MMP-8 and IL-6 (Interleukin 6-infection “marker”) in the saliva. Together with other state-of-the-art technologies such as non-touch periodontal biofilm control and probiotic rebalancing, this modern protocol lies at the foundation of our Anti-Ageing and Oral Health Prevention program. The most important benefits include:
- Preserving teeth and their function for a lifetime
- Early detection of pre-cancerous lesions
- We are able to slow down the aging of smile and body – prevent digestive tract inflammation, gum recession, and bone loss
- Precisely evaluate and calibrate the efficiency of periodontal treatments
- We work together with family doctors, gynecologists, and Kinderwunsch centers, providing them with valuable diagnostic information.
- Early diagnosis and interceptive care of children's developmental issues involving jawbones, teeth, joints, and airways (difficulties breathing). Is your child at risk for such problems?! Find out by downloading our complimentary screening form: